Today, on World TAFE Day, I reiterate my pledge to support the AEU‘s Stop TAFE Cuts Campaign.
A Shorten Labor Government will:
– Guarantee two out of three public vocational education dollars go to TAFE.
– Waive upfront fees for 100,000 students to attend TAFE.…
– Invest $100 million in modernising TAFE facilities around the country.
– Ensure one in every ten jobs on Commonwealth priority projects are filled by Australian apprentices.
– Provide 10,000 pre-apprentice programs for young people who want to learn a trade.
– Provide 20,000 adult apprentice programs for older workers who want or need to retrain.
– Establish a National Commission of Review into Post-secondary education within the first 100 days of government.